Muttd20- Gamma World Spinoff
CIRS Cybernetic Implant Rejection Syndrome (pronounced Curse)
Whenever a new cybernetic system is implanted, it is valued (by increments of .25, etc) and is called the CIRS count. It is cumulative – later additional implants may cause it to increase. When the CIRS count reaches half the PC’s MIND stat, he/she will begin acting in a brazen and arrogant fashion all of the time (players need to roleplay this demeanor). When the CIRS count equals the MIND stat, the PC immediately enters a pyschopathic rage – the CIRS has struck. All actions will be dangerously erratic and violent, memory will be completely fuzzy, and no one will be trusted. Feelings of utter anger and helplessness have built up to where nothing seems worthwhile except destruction and death. The character will be driven by an insane urge to kill or destroy nearly everything in his/her path — nothing is sacred, nothing is safe (players need to roleplay this meltdown or handover PC to GM at this point).
Roll 1d20 + MIND modifier on the table below in the event of any tense situation (combat, flight, harrassment, GM’s call). If CIRS count is equal to or greater than 1/2 MIND stat, adjust by – 5 to your roll.
If CIRS count is equal to or greater than 1/2 MIND stat, any tense situation arises (arguments, equipment failure, loss of loved ones, bad customer service, GM’s call) ALSO obligates a roll on the table.
|4 and below||Greater CIRS flareup! Instantly transform into psychotic killer without – kill or be killed anything in your path until 1d6x10 minutes passes|
|5 – 8||Major CIRS flareup! Instantly transform into psychotic killer without – kill or be killed anything in your path until 1d6 minutes passes|
|9 – 11||Minor CIRS flareup! Instantly transform into psychotic killer without – kill or be killed whoever/whatever is stressing you out, and then return to normal|
|12 – 15||Temporary Minor Insanity, TBD|
|16 – 19||No effect|
|20 +||Momentary Empathy! Character regains access to their old “human” self for 1d6 x 10 minutes|
For each implant, roll a d6. Even result is the lower CIRS count, odd result is the higher.
– SIGHT .25 or .5 CIRS count
Visual Data Transm.
Visual Data Rcvr.
Visual Data Transc.
– HEARING .25 or .5 CIRS count
Sound Edit – Out
Audio Data Transm.
Audio Data Rcvr.
Audio Data Transc.
– TASTE .25 or .5 CIRS count
Taste Data Transm.
Taste Data Rcvr.
Taste Data Transc.
– SMELL .25 or .5 CIRS count
Scent Editor Out
Scent Data Transm.
Scent Data Rcvr.
Scent Data Transc.
– TOUCH .25 or .5 CIRS count
Tactile Edit Out
Tactile Data Transm.
Tactile Data Rcvr.
Tactile Data Transc.
– TEMPERATURE .25 or .5 CIRS count
Thermal Edit Out
– SPECIAL .25 or .5 CIRS count
– VOICE .25 or .5 CIRS count
– MANIPULATION .5 or .75 CIRS count
– LIMBS – - – 1 or 1.5 CIRS count as it includes equivalent hand/foot (Fast, Agile, etc)
– TORSO/HEAD – - – 3 or 4 CIRS count (also, must add CIRS count for each cyber limbs — this is just the torso cost)
– RELEXES .5 or .75 CIRS count
– REPRODUCTIVE .25 or .5 CIRS count
– MUSCULAR/SKELETAL 1 or 1.5 CIRS count
– DIGESTIVE .5 or .75 CIRS count
Ingested Chem Bypass
– RESPIRATORY .5 or .75 CIRS count
Inhaled Chem Bypass
– CIRCULATORY .75 or 1.25 CIRS count
Blood Loss Healer
Arterial Chem Bypass
– SPECIAL PHYSIOLOGICAL SYS .5 or .75 CIRS count
– - – .5 or .75 CIRS count
Neurological Activity Controller
Sensory Data Transm.
Sensory Data Rcvr.
Sensory Data Transc.
Grav Adjust Rig_
– INTERFACE .5 or .75 CIRS count
DNI to NAC
NDI to brain
– IMPLEMENTS .5 or .75 CIRS count
– WEAPONRY .5 or .75 CIRS count
– ARMOR 1 or 1.5 CIRS count
- Lastex = LT armor equivalent
- Denisplast = MED armor equivalent
- Polycarbon = HVY armor equivalent
– MISCELLANEOUS .25 or .5 CIRS count