Eeeep. Eeeep. Eeeep. Eeeeeeurrgleeep. Eeeep. Eeeep.
Buzz – buzzzzzzzzzzzz – clank – buzzzrzrzrzrrrrrr — ump. Sssssssssssss -
That didn’t sound right just now. Light blobs dance in front of your face. Who knows how long it took for the blobs to transform into blinking red lights on a panel a few inches above your forehead. Your eyes smart as they adjust from the effects of cryo-sleep. It feels like its been—what, fifteen minutes since you were conscious of the lights— or anything, for that matter?
A voice out in the dark on your left grunts, and then a sudden intake of breath, “Jeez us-that’s cold!” It was male, gravelly, and sounded to be 20-30 feet to that side.
You swing a leg out of your foam-packing to step onto the floor but instead dip your foot ankle deep into bone chilling liquid. It seems to have a lazy current.
There is a background gloom of red light illuminating the cryo-chamber. There are at least two men moving deeper among the pod-freezers, but looking over the displays of pods on your left and right it easy to see by their readouts whoever is inside is dead.
Hold up! Think! What do I remember, what do I know before I leap without looking.
Not much of a memory recall here – no family, no mom, no dad. – no school, or no nothing?! I haven’t the foggiest idea who I am, how old I am, hell- feel around a sec- OK, at least my gender isn’t in question. Where am I, what am I doing here, and Who the hell am I?
What’s your next step?
Obviously, characters need to be fleshed out. The brief above is better than meeting in a bar, I hope, but does leave a little ambiguity about parameters. I would prefer:
- Purebreed human as your first choice, as it makes it easier on me to tie a neat bow on this start-up package.
- Mutant later, if you prefer it for 2nd string promotes to varsity.
- Basic Gear package will be discovered in a bit; create your starting kit so we don’t dilly dally at the table when you find those footlockers.
- You begin as 1st level PC’s. Zero clink.
- Besides your being inside the Dome, you have no geo-political knowledge besides what is outlined above.